The other day, I was lingering around the old coffee shop, scoring free snacks like a hobo from people who seem to pity me and my I-write-and-don’t-make-money-off-it status, when I see that my comrade, Marya over at Cinema-Fanatic has honored me with the “Stylish Blogger” award. Now I feel cool again. Maya’s amazing blog not only looks great, but is also all about the Oscars. Seriously, check her work out, she has done some wonderful reviews. Her Oscar Vault Mondays are some of my favorites.
Anyway, protocol says I’m now supposed to share 7 facts about me and then pass the blogging torch to 7 more Stylish Bloggers:
1. I studied Graphic Design and Creative Writing in college. Writing is my passion, which I stealthily worked into my curriculum around the design program and it turned into a second major. I have the skills, but I consider writing my stronger asset.
2. My pets include six beautiful fish, all male guppies. Their names are Herbert, Jonathan, Nero, Donatello, Octavio and Monty. I talk to them much more than sane people should.
3. Throughout the course of this blog, the DVD drive on my husband’s X-Box has busted twice. We finally invested in a real DVD player around August.
4. My husband and I live in a small suburban neighborhood that was originally built for retired people. We were not aware of that and stick out like young, unwrinkled thumbs. The neighbors keep dying or moving to warmer climates before we get to know them.
5. My first job was at a movie theater. The midnight showing of Star Wars Episode III was one of the most harrowing experiences there. That and putting out fires. Literally.
6. I stand at 4 feet 9.5 inches. One day, I’d love to meet Danny DeVito, how tall is he again?
7. People think I’m joking when I say I love Snakes on a Plane. It just makes me so happy.
And you lucky stylish beasts of blogging: